District Supply Office
To ensure the food security of the poors of Ahmedabad district, the public distribution systems of the state government has being implemented. The monitoring and supervision is being done by the District Supply Office to ensure that the food grains to the targeted families is distributed through the Fair Price Shops.
Functions of Supply Branch
- All function of Public distribution system
- MLA/MA Election of 41-Ghatlodiya Legislative Assembly
- Electoral function of 41-Ghatlodiya Legislative Assembly
- All functions related to fair price shop in Ahmadabad District i.e. grant New Fps shop, Renewal Licenses of fps Shop, Resignation of fair Price shop.
- Supervision over Petrol- diesel pump, Gas Agency.
- Inspection of fair price shops, petrol-diesel pump, Solvent license, Gas Agency, private
- wholesale, retail, food grain shops, edible oils, and pulses.
- Allocation of wheat, Rice, Sugar, Kerosene fair price shops
- Allocation of grant to taluka for supply staff.
- Establishment work for District supply office and Taluka staff of supply branch
- Monitoring price of essential commodities in District
- R.T.I work
- Implementation of NFSA act.
- Fair Price Shops (Selection and appointment)
- Distribution of Essential Commodities
- Ration Cards
- Vigilance committees at rural and urban level
- Monitoring of prices of essential commodities
Current Schemes in Ahmedabad District
- Distribution of food Grains to poor under “ Maa Annapurna Yojana”
- Targeted Public Distribution System
- Consumer Protection Groups
- Free LPG Connections to poor under “Pradhanmantri Ujjavala Yojana”
- Barcoded ration card scheme
Office of The Collector & District Magistrate,
Near Subhash Bridge Circle,
R.T.O Ashram Rd,
Hridaya Kunj, Old Wadaj, Ahmedabad,
District Supply Officer,
Contact No : 079-27551691
e-mail Id: dso-ahd@gujrat[dot]gov[dot]in